What do you get if you combine Mario Kart with Road Rash, chuck in some ragdoll physics and then make the minimum age requirement a sprightly 65+? You get Coffin Dodgers!
No, I’m not referring to that doddery old dear that just… won’t… die… Coffin Dodgers is a new game from developers & publishers Milky Tea Studios and Wales Interactive. The game dropped onto PS4 today, 3 days earlier than the Xbox One, with an enticing discount for Playstation Plus subscribers. The opening price for the title is £9.49 (£8.54 for PS+) / $11.99 / €11.99.
Coffin Dodgers sees life in the slow lane become a fast and furious race for your soul! Take on the role of one of seven quirky retirement village residents, each racing on their very own pimped-up mobility scooters, armed with a variety of upgradable homemade weapons and gadgets to take on anything the Grim Reaper and his army of zombies throw at them.
The title is jam-packed with features and different game modes:
- “Road Rash” style player-to-player combat with wacky weapons and geriatric gadgets.
- Character ragdoll physics!
- Upgradable mobility scooters with modifications to suit your driving style.
- Select from 7 old, quirky but full of life retirement village residents.
- Unlock and play as the Grim Reaper himself!
- Invite your friends to the 2-4 Split-Screen Multiplayer Mode!
- Battle your way through a Single-Player Story Mode with races and challenges set around the beautifully crafted Sunny Pines retirement village.
- Challenge yourself with the 3D open world “Crazy Granddad” Mode.
Look for the full review that will be coming to Geek Pride soon! Until then, have a look at the announcement trailer: